Sunday, November 19, 2006

ESCAPE trip to Shanghai - Part II

Day 4 : Friend finally get his butt back to work, I am alone and action is on. Start my first adventurous trip to somewhere nearby by bus/train. First bang it took me quite some effort to sort out the central bus terminal in Shanghai although I am able to read Chinese..

Finally able to locate the bus, without asking much from the tourist counter I am on the bus and on my way to the China's AAAA class water village - Zhu Jia Jiao. Because I am slightly late in the morning to catch the bus, the first thing I arrived is to hunt for food! Based on my research from internet, the forum told must try the dumpling and marinade cook meat. Maybe i famish to dead, the dumpling was incredible great. But the meat... no comment. However I still bought extra for my pity friend who back to work.

The village is nice, murder lotsa digicam's memory then only make my way home. Here comes the drama while I wait for the bus - the fight of ticket seller and passenger. Luckily no physical injuries but I witnesses the power of Shanghainese about their quarrelling skills for the seat... Not impressed...

Along my journey back to town I remember those elder always mentioned how beautiful the scene with tree, river, villages etc. But from what i saw over the windows, infact its every where as long as not within the town. You can see the local walking, sitting roadside or riding the bike. Villages are every where and they relying on that to live. I wonder whats the point for paying the entrance to visit the water village while I can just pay the bus fare and see it more than there..

Time is out, lets continue the journey next time..

No comments: