Friday, May 6, 2011

Change Management

I may not be the perfect person to write this post but i am definitely not the least favorite because basically my work (or to be exact my rice bowl) is around this topic - ITIL. I am ITIL v3 foundation certified and been involved in this field ever since i first started my career.

In ITIL there are 3 major module - Incident, Problem and Change. As it names, incident is to be an impact on service or a failure of a CI that might impact service (copied from google). Well to give a layman term, basically it means you got a problem with your system, log a ticket to helpdesk, they attend you. The ticket is the incident. Problem in my definition means RCA - root cause analysis. So to speak, means analyse the root cause. Change? To make it simple, just think of adding an emotion icon to your webpage. It sounds easy to us but in corporate world, you need a series of approval in order to get it done. With that also means you need a Change management software to ensure the progress and approvals are being tracked.

A good CMS can allow the analyst to fill in the time/plan/rollback/outage etc. Wanna know more? Ask me. hehe...

No comments: