Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Work from Home

My current role allows me to work from home. I think I wrote about this before but again, outsiders think that it is such a wonderful to be able to work from home.

Well I do agree but to certain extend, I dont agree either. Reason being is, the perception from other thought that working from home = no discipline and leisure at home doing own business. But the fact is totally opposite.

Working from home is indeed more stressful. Due to the above reason, the ones who worked from home required more attention to be infront of the laptop. Even with just 5 minutes delay for responding your instant message, the opposite chatter will think you are lazying.

PLEASE! Dont you think it is just too much?? Can I just take a break to make a cup of tea, or toilet break? The situation will be a total opposite when those who said they are very obedient and attentive to office everyday. In which, they reach office by 9am but start breakfast, reading paper, catching football matches, gossiping etc and by the time back to their seat, it's 10.30am.

Best still, 12pm lunch but return to office by 2pm. Not to forget the tea time, ciggies breaks, cubicle hopping and internet surfing time. Then go home at 6pm sharp and consider themselves very hardworking.

What the eff... So if you think it is fun to work from home, think again.

No comments: