Friday, February 11, 2011

Bai Tin Gong

It's nin chor 8 today. According to Chinese tradition, especially for the Hokkiens today is the day where they will pray for the skylord (bai tin gong). Usually the ceremony is greater than nin 30 nite (the new year eve) because some says tin gong is greater than chor 1.

This round I am having my first chor 8 at my new home - Kepong. In fact I only get to learn bai tin gong at kinda late age, which is still less than 15 years and all this while I spent it at the old place. Over there people do pray, burn, and play firework but perhaps the area is too distant, I cant feel the tremor-like situation but not now. My ceiling is trembling, each shot feels like a nuclear bomb that tries to tear the sky off. Not to mention the light effect and never ending floating 孔明灯. The night feels more festive than light..

Somehow, I like this very much.. So through this opportunity, I would like to wish everyone, and ofcourse myself a very happy, fortunate, wealthy, healthy, satisfactory bunny year~

No comments: