Thursday, March 12, 2009

Maxis iPhone anyone?

Don't know if it is a good news or bad news. I just got to know that Maxis is launching iPhone in few days later and now is opening for booking. Good news is, finally iPhone has landed MY but the bad news is, Maxis is such a money sucker.

If you have a chance to take a glimpse to their website, you will find the 'special' rate plan for iPhone. I know they are trying to copy the market plan from other countries but when the currency exchanged in MY Ringgit, well in my opinion, it is a bit too far from the normal income group's ability. (At least for me I could not afford, but I am sure a lot of you are more than affordable)

Anyhow, as the overall plan for me still a bit ridiculous. How can you so sure that your phone can sustain for 2 years? Especially with the list that is longer than the rate plan. I doubt.

1 comment:

Jason Lioh said...

This comes a little bit late, I know. :)

The more I look at the iPhone packages, the more ridiculous I think the plans are. Not only one is paying almost 2 times more than the cost of an “illegal” iPhone, the basic features are not up to par compared to most phone’s. It’s more for the cool/wow factor when you use the iPhone, but iPhone is so common these days that it’s not cool anymore.

Comparing plan with plan, I think Digi’s phone bundle plans are more “reasonable”. A simple survey on the street price for the phones available, you can see that Digi isn’t trying that hard/obvious to rip you off. The phones are actually cheaper when you opt for the correct plan.

For my case, the SE W760i does go cheaper as my average monthly usage fee is between RM50 to RM600. I get almost RM150 off (comparing to its RPP) and just slightly above the street price (about RM10). Sounds fair to me. :)

Anyway, Maxis’s plan is just blatant rip off. The RM2000 advance deposit is even ridiculous. It’s like asking the customers to pay for the phone and their loyalty to Maxis. :-|