Friday, October 22, 2010

Dell Vostro incident, continued...

After few days not hearing from Dell, I decided to give them a call asking what is going on. Partially it was because my sis kept pressuring me cause they dont have a PC at home and it is really inconvenient for the kids. You know, nowadays school work is all about typing and printing, no more handwriting.

Another agent picked up, Chinese guy. I just simply illustrate my situation and he captured my point immediately, like he already aware the case. Quickly he requested to put me on hold and check with the first Malay lady I spoke to. Efficiently, he reverted to me and informed that the case was escalated to the management. However, the outcome from the management is that they can only repair the set, and handover the case for their insurance company for the injury compensation.

Unlucky him, I blown up on this agent and requested to speak with their so call management who keeps hiding cowardly from this incident. Without neglect, he promised to own the case and get the supervisor to call me back. Which he did, as I received the supervisor's call in about half or one hour later.

The decision they have for me is another disappointment. the supervisor offered me 3 options -

First: They repair the set for free.
Second: They replace a brand new model with same value as the blown up set.
Third: They refund the PSU money to me.

If you are a human with logical thinking, which one will you pick? I pick no one, but insisted to refund for full set because at that time, I totally don't wanna see, don't wanna hear DELL! Why on earth I want your free thing when I can use the refunded money to get the other better brand I want? Obviously they didnt hear me and didnt get my point. All that supervisor can do is repeating the options, and tell me that's what DELL can do best.

I request for escalation, and you know what, the response from the supervisor was: that's the decision after the escalation to the management, complain department and their legal department. I must say, what an eff up decision! STUPID DUMB ARSE DELL MANAGEMENT!

Left me now choice, I bombarded the supervisor (no foul language of course) and he was speechless, and I returned conscious knowing he wasnt talking, henceforth cooled down and picked option 2. Come on, any human who can think will do the same. But I suggested instead of replace, I request cash voucher with the same value instead, and not expired in a week or month so I can use it later. Unfortunately, they can't do it again. What a VERY "established" company. Even apple can do that, but dell couldnt, no wonder they can't beat apple...

So last resort, I picked option 2, and told them I willing to invest more on better spec. Because from this incident, I learned that low cost = low quality. Lucky they are ok, partially I think they agree on my equation too. Better still, they still can earn my money (my sis). Likewise, no lost from our end too since I wanted to change that pc for better spec for long, and now they are giving for free, and I just pay for upgrade... Maybe I should sell the new system and get a macbook air 11" so I dont have to bear with DELL again...

No comments: