Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hesper Insulting Sucks!

I was contracted to this headhunter company one year ago and everything was fine until the last month when I got converted to the permanent position with the host company.

The story goes like this. All the while Hesper Insulting issued my payroll before I got a permanent position with the hosting company. As for the conversion I am no longer attach with the agency and as such they would like to collect back the medical card that issued last September due to the new policy. (Initially we are not entitled to any medical coverage when we accepted as a contractor)

Well it is reasonable for me to return the medical card and I do not have any objection when they asked me to. However I kept this as low priority and thought of only bring it back when I’m free because their office located at Mid Valley and it is kinda inconvenient for me, as I did not pass by during my daily route to office/home.

They are several follow up from the agency about returning the card but none of the conversation mentioned that this will possibly delay my pay day until the last minute, which is yesterday, the agent told me that the agency’s HR couldn't release my last month salary if they do not receive the card. Isn’t this ridiculous and sounds like threatening? I was damn furious with their poor coordination, lack of communication and stupidity because if they had informed me earlier then I can settle it last week. Why must they delay this piece of most critical information until the last minute then only inform me?

Most importantly, due to the awkward joining date my new salary only comes in by 15 March. In other words, I will have to suffer from money issue for 1.5 months if the agency delays my payday! Luckily I was working from home yesterday and thus able to slip out during the lunchtime just to bring the card for them. However thanks to this incident, I will make sure I wont get a job from this agency anymore. Moreover, I met a terrible accident during the journey to return the god damn card!

No comments: