Monday, July 2, 2007

Left My Badge

The current company I working with is quite up to date. We use smart card to do almost everything like physical access, system login and single logon. Due to the convenience I have also attached my drawer keys and Kensington lock keys together with the badge.

It is really handy until today I left my badge at home. I was F'dup. First I can't access to the car park and gotta park along the road illegally. Then can't access to the office building and need to register a temp card for access. Also thanks to the handiness, I don't have the key to open my drawer when I suppose to distribute some cards that locked inside. Not to forget about my machine, I can't login to all of the applications but only email. Which caused me almost total break down in the Monday.

Last but not least, I was so dump until I attached my laptop with the docking which has locked with the Kensington. Basically now I got no choice but to leave the laptop stay overnight at the office. And this is really a 'convenience and handy' lesson for me to learn. Damn.

3 comments:

LJ said...

hmm the joys of technology?

kokwah said...

Agreed, both pros and cons. At least I got to enjoy a paid but non-working Monday, while everyone suffered from the Monday blue... :)

Kef said...

Sai Man lah