Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My First Team Meeting

Tragedy. I was hired by this headhunter company and contracted to this user company. Somehow my luck wasn’t that good when I on the job. Because departmentally, I am belongs to department A but was sold to department B then supporting department C.

So in total I am actually sub-contracted 5 times and I think my pay also got deducted 5 times due to the leveling of each company. But the worse I think is my work also required 5 times of attention when it comes to approval of something. Apart from work, I am also required to attend different meetings in order to have the knowledge and peoples so can perform my job.

Working under this intense environment, I learned that each department has different way of running their operation. My very own department (which is my direct reports boss) is a guy with a very straightforward personality. He doesn’t really calculative and that’s why I think this is the major reason he always leave my colleague and myself out from the pictures. (Since we are sub-con’ed so far away…)

Finally today after waited for 3 months plus, I got a chance to participated my very first own team meeting. Honestly, I feel very strange to looking at my ‘teammates’ as I feel like I don’t even belong to the team at all… Somehow I think everything must have a start, therefore I hope this is a good heads up for me towards my boss and teammates.

By the way, haven’t told you the very worse. Which is this user company is outsourcing soon. I think I will contracted 6 times by then…

No comments: